Monday, October 02, 2006

pondering my blog life

I've been reading blogs on and off for most of the day. I haven't done that in a while I guess, usually just an hour or so here or there once a day or every few days.

I'm busy you see with life. I so wanted blogging to be a part of that and to be honest it has but in a different way.

I started out reading Lisa Whelchel once a week and getting so much from each of her daily journals. Occasionally I'd have time to play around and look other places on her site but mostly, I just read her once a week journal. Ben doing that for at least 3 or 4 years.

Then she sent me over to Sarah's blog, In the midst of it, and I got steamrolled into something so addictive I was up to my ears in reading and trying to write. Yikes.

As a mom of 6 (only 5 at home now, actually soon to be 4 again in January) I have more than enough to do with my time.

Actually when ever I hear people make comments about "well, in my down time. . ." or "sometime when you have nothing to do . ." or "when you are looking for something to do. . ." I just feel so insanely jeoulous it is almost unbelievable.

I truly do not ever have a time with nothing to do. Don't get me wrong, I do quite often choose to do one thing over another but there is never just "nothing" on my plate.

Like today I am suppose to be cleaning, laundering, getting packed to go away with hubby, getting kids organized to stay home without us, etc. . .and instead I have chosen to slip into this chair every hour or so and read between folding, giving instrustions, making list, picking up, feeding lunch, etc. . .

Thankfully, she says with sarcasm in her voice, my wireless interent connection has been out for several weeks on and off so I've had very little ability (using dial up) to upload pictures and other stuff I would typically like to put on here.

I am of course ramblnig but it does have a point I think. Instead I've had time with my books again. I do so love to read. I've had time with my Bible study and have even caught up on my scriture memory and gotten the kids memorizing along with me. I've emailed a few in the flesh friends and gotten back in touch and it is good.

But I have to amit, I am addicted to this blogging. I love to put my thoughts into words, remember and record stuff, and most of all I love to read the insights everyone has. So I know I will continue to read blogs for now. I hope also to post. But pray for me (if you get this far in this epistle!) because I want to use my time wisely and do feel the need for a break here and there but so many things call my name and yet the daily responsibilities do overwhelm me at this point in my life.

So in the never boring, always consuming, never ending, always enlightening adventures of parenting which go from here to there and across the board and back again it seems, I'm just typing for pleasure today and parenting as I do it from 1 year old to 19 year old. How fun is that.

Keep up the good work you faithful bloggers. I so envy you and enjoy my peeks into sanity every now and again.

Oh and to Tammy I think it is, thanks for tagging me for that meme a long time ago, it was just to long for me to get to but a short one would be fun. I've seen a couple of those lately. I'll be around lurking and learning from you all and commenting as I can.

time to switch the laundry . . .

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I think it was me who tagged you...oh, a few decades ago! ;) But that's OK...someone tagged me for a long a month ago and I just never got to it either!

And your story was so much like mine! I started out reading Lisa Welchel's website...clicked on Sarah's when she introduced her...and started clicking from there...and the rest is history!

It became so addicting and I am just now making myself slow down a bit on purpose...balance is the key, and I'm still working on getting this right!

Blessings!