Friday, December 08, 2006

My calendar tells me it is December. My clock tells me it is the wee hours of the morning on a Friday. My body tells me it is so out of wack from the tyranny of the urgent that I may never sleep a full 8 hours again.

I am incredibly thankful that November is past. And although December is equally as daunting, at least it has some joyful interludes to be anticipated.

I have spent at least 3 or 4 time slots of 30-60 minutes on this blog in the past few months "posting" interesting and even inovative stories of our life and times only to have them dissappear in heartbeat of unreliable and ornery internet access! bother!

Such good memories lost to my middle age muddle of a brain!

I'm thinking some sort of a list may be a good way to go to try and catch up. . .

1) currently residing under my roof:
one husband which I send off each day to an office to enjoy his work, get a break from the craziness of this home, and bring home a paycheck to keep it all running;
one grown child residing with us trying to balance out being a child in our home, being an adult in our home, being a missionary in our home, being a missionary headed for Cambodia in a few short weeks, being a sibling to his brothers/sisters, and being half a dozen other things to at least a half a hundred other people;
one 14 year old son trying to find his way with his family, his church, his peers, his acquaintences, and a half a dozen other people who would like his company;
one 11 year old daughter trying to be the very best daughter, sibling, follower of Jesus, and friend she can possibly be and learning sometimes, it is enough to just be you if you are thinking of others and following Jesus the best you know how;
one 3yr,11 month old son who one is never quite certain what new insight the day will bring forth from said son's little lips;
and finally one 19 month old daughter who is moving in leaps and bounds toward being a bonified toddler in most every way!
oh yes, and then there is me. what to say about that. one stay at home Mom, trying to keep her sanity in balance with her love for family, love for organizing and planning events, love for shopping and a Christmas budget (okay, so love there may be a stretch) and finally and "firstly" her love for her Savior and King, Jesus Christ.

I'm on overdrive folks and sometimes after a particularly hard run when an engine doesn't get proper care, it just shuts down and needs to idle for a while to cool off and be ready to run at full capacity again. . . oh, and this model is slightly older than she likes to think about and remembering what I used to be able to handle in my 20's comes back to haunt be regularly!

2) currently working on
I think I just decided to post what I have written before my connection is lost and post more seperately.

No comments: