Monday, January 05, 2009

January 4, 2009

Did make it to worship today. A little rough start as my vision was doing that stobe light like thing but it passed after just a few minutes. Bathed Em and Jill and was able to get out the door on time. Knew before we left this morning I would be ordering pizza for dinner. Sundays are hard for me. Maybe just getting us all out and going. Feeling like it should be a day of rest and it's not, or just needing to know I can have that one day off from the kitchen, not sure exactly what. Almost always glad to have made the effort though.

Anywho, got to have Mark with me in s.s. Studying John right now. John 3 today. And Nicodemus and Jesus discussion. Head knowledge or heart knowledge. Interesting. Understanding or belief. I like the book of John! Pastor Mark for service today and communion meditation. Little distracted as I had a headache and then an abrupt answer to my general greeting to someone in front of me in church! weird! Thought only I noticed and was racking my brain as to how to set it straight by end of service but all ended well and no one seemed offended in the end! And even Mark did notice the strange abruptness of the person so I wasn't imagining things! Whew!

Spent afternoon puttering around cleaning up kitchen and floors a bit to have Jim and Laurie over for the evening. Enjoyed visiting with them. Made the from cake mix snickerdoodles and added rice crispies fro crunch and even though I burned last batch coming out of oven, yum. Definitely make those again! Baked up my cresent wrapped gouda and actually got to eat some this time. Served with apples and crackers. yum again.

Zach took Kiley to small group tonight. Cameron did not have sm. group nor Emory Team Kid.

Did fit in my bible reading tonight. OT is interesting enough to keep me going right now and even wanted to read ahead but I will try and pace myself. NT was on temptation of Jesus in the dessert. Answering with scripture. What an excellent reminder for me. I know it has only been 4 days since the new year but I am so thankful to have had even 4 days in the Word. Must be God because I can never do it on my own.

Bible study to start back up this week on Thursday night. Need the accountability for sure. Not sure what to do about starting my own study here in my home. Timing just seems off or wrong or something. Guess what I need to do is pray and let God show me. Woudl love to do a couples study and a womens study as well. so many thoughts, so little time. 5 kids. husband. big house. littel money right now. Yup, better just seek God on this one for sure!

Hoping my upset tummy is more to many onions on my sub tonight and nothing more. Cold and flu season. yuk. Emory and Jillie still with the runny noses pretty good but no other symptoms just yet. No meds given yet. Need to call pediatrician for flu vaccine booster for both of them.

And Christmas decorations still await me. They are so pretty tho. . .

Not to much time on computer right now as I am sharing with Mark, Cameron and Kiley. Probably good. Lots of other stuff to do. And now I am needing to head to bed as it is after midnight and even with my tummy upset, I need to try and get at least a decent nights sleep or it just throws my whole day off.

No comments: