Wednesday, August 09, 2006

He called!

Now, we had e-mailed a few times and that made me feel good.

And I've been keeping up with the time difference and all so I knew he was just about ready to turn in for the night and still no e-mail for the day. . .probably couldn't get computer to work or something or just way tired.

But no, HE CALLED! Sometimes little things like that just mean a lot to me. It's been a great trip so far and he has been able to fit a lot in and see so many things as well.

So tomorrow he is off to Dublin, cool. Hope it is another spectacular day. I miss him but no way I would want him to miss this experience.

Kind of makes me feel like I should be doing something really great here too, like cleaning a whole bunch or organizing our never ending paper trail or getting ready for this trip that looms ever closer but it's not happening. So frustrating.

I have had lots of giggle time with the little man, snuggle time with the walker, talk time with the preteen and no knock down drag out fights with the resident teen ager so I guess something has been accomplished! Oh, and visit with the parents, phone call to the in laws and the college boy, cooked dinner two nights (of course you'd have to know me to know what a big deal that is and "cooked" is a relative term) and well, survived without that break in my day that always says to me "okay, this part of the day is done and there is only so much more to go" . . .you know without hubby coming home, my day just never seems to end and that's just exhausting!

So anyway, I'm just happy he called!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Kim- As a woman who has many nights where the kids are in bed (&sometimes so am I)before Daddy gets home, I know how exhausting those late afternoons can be.
I am so glad his week is almost 1/2way done.
I just got caught up on some of your last week's posts. I loved the "hands keep spinning round thing." Very insightful these little ones!

Tammy said...

It's so neat that you feel excited after all these years when your man calls! :) If mine were away, I'd feel the same way. And of course it brings back memories of those Navy days!

I am sure you doing plenty, just taking care of everyone and everything while he's gone!

Blessings!

Brenda said...

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so they say. Your excitement over his phone call makes me smile.

Sounds like you're holding down the fort pretty well. Careful not to accomplish too much, or he might start thinking he isn't needed!

Tammy said...

PS...did you notice on my meme post that I tagged you?