Tuesday, August 08, 2006

She Walks!

Yup, Little Miss Jillian Elyse Walks! I know I said I would not be excited by this because of all the extra work involved and added freedom and all that other stuff but ... well...

There is just something so precious about those first little steps. And to couple that with her rocky start in life and her excruciatingly slow weight gain, well... it's just so fun to see her do something so normal and cute and sweet and and well, you know, so precious!

She gets this little look on her face like "hey, look at this, look what I can do, hey did you see that?"

She had been cooped up in a stroller, our arms, a hotel room and the car for the better part of 2 days and when she hit the family room floor after that at 10pm she just had a look of sheer delite on her little face.

She has been standing randomly for a while now so we had produced the required "walk behind toys" and all of that. She mostly just pushed them for a few minutes and then squealed for someone to come do it for her. Smart woman I say.

I think little Miss Jillie decided that since Daddy was going away for a whole week she should preform for him before he left. And what a grand preformance it was.

Jillie took several jaunts of about 3-4 steps each time. So cute to watch.

Since Daddy's been gone she has progressed rapidly! Tonight she "walked" about 8-9 steps across the room to her big sister while her MomMom and PopPop were here. wow!

Wait until Daddy sees this!

3 comments:

Mama Duck said...

YAY!! Go, go, go!!

Melzie said...

Awww congrats to her! xoxo melzie

Paula said...

Yea! My son took his first 3 steps today! I'm also very excited. Everyone tells, no you won't, but I think it is. It is all apart of the process!