Sunday, July 06, 2008

I wonder if I even remember how to do this? I will have to give myself a refresher course soon, especially in uploading photos as those are the memories I would like to preserve.

Just thought I'd check in and say wow! A lot has gone on in the Andress family since March of 2007 (my last post)! Where does the time go?

I still read several blogs faithfully each day and yearn to blog regularly but I also yearn to be a better wife, Mom and housekeeper. There seems to be a collision of efforts there!

The encouragement I receive from reading fellow Moms, Christians, etc. is amazing.

The suggestions and ideas, recipes, decorating tips, books, etc. is above and beyond.

As for my clan, they are ever growing. Perhaps I will just try to list names, ages and a small detail for each for now.

Mark, my man. and oh such a man. 100% man. The one I love completely, will never in a hundred years understand completely, and is who God gave me to complete me. He's still here, still going to the office each day of the week, still providing all he can for the kids and me, and walking through middle age with a contentment that I envy.

Me, yes, well, I have been struggling to define myself for years now and more so of late. Who I want to be, who I am, who I really am, blah, blah, blah. Perhaps I am not meant to fully understand or accept the answers I come up with our I would quit striving, planning, allowing God to shape and form me.

Jeremy, hard to believe our oldest has been married almost 8 years already. He is currently a stay at home Dad who loves his wife, our dear daughter in law, Jineen, and our precious Grandson, Dominic to pieces and keeps the home fires burning. He also takes care of the home, home schools Dom, and take care of Dom's many special needs along with supporting his wife's Nursing career. He may be going back to school soon too. Stay tuned.

Zachary has been around the world and is back again. Now that is hard to believe! He is turning 21 this summer and graduating from college (college!) all in the same month. A BA in Cross Cultural Communications earned from Bethany College of Missions (4 year degree in 3 years, no summers off!) has given him a broad look at Missions around the world through professors from the same and a 16 month Internship living in Cambodia. Short trips to Thailand, and Eastern Europe have rounded out his desire to share his Faith in a church planting ministry in the long run. In the short run he is coming home to live in our basement (as his younger brother likes to say when asked what he thinks Zach will do/ where he will go next) and find employment as he prepares for his next step of Faith and obedience to His God.

Cameron, our 3rd born son has enjoyed the last year and a half as the oldest child at home. It is a role he earned and is enjoying after middle child status for so long! He enjoys the computer, reading, his pet turtle, and often his solitude away from the craziness that is our large family. Cameron will be 16 this year. Man, how did that come up so fast?

Kiley our first and oldest girl, is still her Mommies little girl. Just don't tell her I said so! She has been waiting to get taller for 4 years now and thinks it just may never happen. Her sweet spirit and quick willingness to apologize is so much a part of who she is. She is growing up though as her interest grow beyond our home and it is a fun to watch her relating to others and building friendships. She has just turned 13 this summer. I often refer to her as God's gift to me. And she certainly is.

Emory is 5! He has such expressive ways with his eyes, his words and his thoughts that every day is an adventure waiting to take place for him. He is as curious about the world around him as he is about relationships and ideas others have. So we go along for the adventure reigning him in as need be and letting him loose as circumstances allow and it is indeed a grand time.

Jillian (Jillie) is three. Did you read that? 3!! My precious little unplanned, unexpected, unfixable little piece of girl. She is still as feisty as ever, sassy as we let her be, all feminine as she practices her wiles, and all about keeping up with her brother. She's our me-too girl. If someone else has one, did it, wants to go, then Jillie is all about me-too! Her health fails her everytime a germ is near her but she is happy in spite of the 3 and 4 week colds, the constant flu bugs and general infections. Perhaps as the Doctors tell us, she will yet grow out of this. Starting life 2 months early with no warning to her family at all that she was coming has been the cornerstone of who she is. She demands her place in our family, in our hearts, and generally any place she thinks the rest of us are (like our bedroom every night?!). She needs us to be with her 100%. No down time with this one.

Aren't they a fun bunch? I can tell you this. They are a tiring bunch for this Mama on the slippery slope to 50!

So there we are. Maybe I can even find a picture or 10 so you can see their adorable-ness!

and so maybe, just maybe I'm back!

No comments: