Monday, July 14, 2008

A quickie post before I am off to bed! ha! me, quick!

Today I put chicken breast frozen, a clump actually, in the crockpot before church with a jar of salsa. That's it. on low from around 8am to 1pm. Came home, put 4 cups of white rice in microwave and had Kiley snap the last of the sugar snap peas to cook up on stove top. Then one can of crosiant rolls and there you go, dinner in just a few minutes after church. Mark said it was a definite "make again". Jillie and Kiley ate it. Emory had a tough time but once he tasted it ate it up and Cameron ate his usual 3 bites, commented, yes, it taste like chicken and salsa and asked to be excused. The chicken was very moist and I liked it a lot.

I then made a chocolate sheet cake from"scratch" whcih was way to rich for me (which is a good thing, I will not be so tempted to eat it!) but every one else seemed to like it. Mark added whippped topping from the can and that made it a bit more doable. I am not a chocolate fiend at all.

This past week I made 2- 5 flavor pound cakes from "scratch" and they were delicious! Also sugared up some strawberries to go with one of them altho I prefer this cake plain jane actually.

Busy week coming up. kiley big birthday bash, wedding shower for me and girls, house cleaning for up coming company and party and then a graduation party on Sunday. And then the wedding in 2 short weeks followed by Bible school. Best not to look to far ahead I think! Tomorrow we have haircuts on the schedule. oh! Jillie wore her hair up to church today and it was adorable. I put it up to visit Mark's parents tonight as well. soooo stinkin' cute! Will have to dowload some pics soon. She is sooo big!

Also spent one hour in backyard with Emory and Jillie with water and sun today. nice. Mark joined us for a few minutes.

Backing up a day, Cameron went bowling with a couple neighbor boys Saturday afternoon, came home and played basketball with them. Kiley spent the night with neighbor girl and came home early for church next morning. Mom and Dad stopped by for little bit but only saw Emory as everyone else was off or asleep. Friday night we had family from church down for dinner (burgers/dogs on grill) and I ruined perfectly good corn on cob by over cooking in crock pot. ugh. Thursday Cam, Ki and I attended a VBS meeting at BVBC. Talked to Karen and shopped at BJ's on way home. Looks like house company for the wedding.

Adn that's my later part of the week in review.

I am off to bed. 12:45am.

No comments: