Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Start Time 11:30am
Question:

Seriously! How long can it take to get 2 small children out the back door and into a one foot pool? I just want to soak up some sun for 30-60 minutes or less! Yikes! First we had to potty, then we had to find a swimsuit (never mind they each own at leat a half dozen) then we had to put them on, then we had to go back into the house no less then 4x for the special toy we forgot, then we had to rearrange all the toys and chairs to suit or sunning pleasure (it's hot out here for crying out loud!) and then we had to put new water in the pool and then we had to adjust the garden hose three times or thirty. uumm, why did I ask them if they wanted to play in the pool? oh yes, nice even tan lines. not happening today. after all that and 30 minutes of Play time in their little pool, they were ready to come back in. My fancy internet capable phone still sat untouched on the chair, my book unread, and my towel still dry. Wonder what other fun things we can do this afternoon? Maybe I should just stick to switching the laundry repeatedly, eating herr's BBQ chips for lunch, and fixing said children oatmeal and yogurt (I know! don't ask!) for lunch.

Answer:
It is now 1:30pm.

No comments: