Sunday, July 06, 2008

So today is Sunday, last day of a 3 day weekend. We were up and out the door to church at a nice leasurely 9:30am, a welcome change from the 8am door call of the past 20 years or so. Our church is undergoing a huge construction project and our Sunday School and service times have all been rearranged as well as how the campus and off campus buildings are being used.

Change is good. Not easy usually but oh so good. Just a thought!

Came home and made dinner, not my favorite Sunday activity for sure but I tried a new meatloaf recipe (which no one seemed to like very much) and am now making a 5 flavor pound cake which seemed to go together quickly and looks so good going in the oven. We shall see.

Also met our new neighbor today as I had to go outside to make sure Jillie and Emory were not making a pest of themselves next door with their little guy. I am definitely one who likes my personal space and have had "issues" with other children helping themselves to our play equipment and garage toys uninvited. So. thought it best to at least be proactive and meet the new family before I scared their little guy off. hehe. She is very nice and friendly. Seems they have bought a house and are planning a wedding all at the same time. wow. If they survive all that, they should be good to go!

Speaking of weddings, Jenna's is coming up. Lots of loose ends to tie up. Finish huge bow for Jillie's dress, fix shoulders of Kiley's dress. Pick up Emory's tux. Attend shower. Get everyone haircuts. seems endless right now. I keep thinking it is good practice for when my girls tie the knot! We shall see. Hopefully I make it through the next decade before I worry about that!

So that's the Sunday happenings around here. Just a thought on church today. It was uplifting to be in the house of the Lord. More so for the fellowship of believers and the reminder to love and worship with all of my life then a powerful sermon or moving communion meditation (altho they were good too!).

No comments: