Friday, July 14, 2006

acrosstheboard

I found these questions to be interesting so thought I would join in since I'm new around here.

accent: I pick them up easily so quite a blend I am certain. Fought hard to rid myself of eastern shore MD/VA accent as a teenager and now I enjoy hearing it spoken (very slow southern type draw with old English accents thrown in!) Have grown up near Philadelphia,PA so you will hear that as well. . son in college in Minnesota, don'tcha know? ya betcha! And finally, have had teenagers in my house for last decade so "whatever" is in, rad, smokin', cool/hot, wicked, righteous, you get the picture!
Bible Book I Like: Just can't pick one, I just can't! Romans, John, Galations, Phillipians, Psalms, Proverbs, Luke, Job! aahh!
Chore I don't care for:OH! you are suppose to like chores?? well maybe cleaning floors, most kinds. I have eagle like eye sight and can not stand for any crumb or smudge to remain therefore no one but me can satisfiy me, yuk much rather delegate! or maybe dealing with paper, yeah that's a killer. can not control, tame, organize or get on top of that one at all no matter how much time I devote to it.
Dog or Cat: Are you kidding? I have six kids to keep alive and I kill house plants. Neither thank you.
Essential electronics: love this new qizmo, remote start for my car on hot days that turns on car which turns on a/c! and my cell phone of course, digital camera, and wireless internet, oh is that electronic? hehe
Favorite Movie:Not sure I have one but anything with Harrison Ford is good, Julia Roberts flicks, Sound of Music, Gone with the Wind
Gold or Silver: Gold in the bank and silver on the body.
Handbag I carry most often: Change for the seasons. Love all bags though. Leather in winter, Linen in summer
Insomnia: Oh my yes. worse with each child and with age
Job title: no one has really given me one I like yet? what day or hour is it? it may change repeately as I move through my day or week. Daughter of the King, Wife of One Fine Christian Man, Mom to several individually wonderful kids, and whether by choice or by defalt, Homemaker. The buck stops here.
Kids:yes, 3 sets of 2 OR, 2 out of home, 2 in jr. hi, and 2 little ones OR 4 boys and 2 girls, BUT never 6 unless I can watch the reaction on your face. hehe
Living Arrangements: A single family unit (Dad,Mom and kids) no pets, house on 1/4 acre in nice suburban neighborhood or in other words, very comfortable.
Most Memorable Moment: Lots I think. Each time I feel undeserved and extravagant love for me, a reprobate and repeat offender in the many relationships of love. Those are the times that stay with me, everything else pales in comparison.
Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Skipping out of band class for 2 semesters because I knew I could and not get caught.
Overnight Hospital Stays:Several ER visits with family members that just go on forever, a few with my older parents who needed someone as their advocate, and 6 personally, one for each child.
Phobias: Getting Lost in Strange places. My sense of direction is not so great. Being in Water situations I'm not familiar with.
Quote: so many good ones come to mind. . .but the lifesaver for me, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Phil 4:13
Religion: I can be religious about my diet(well sometimes anyway) and religious about my cleaning before company and relgious about my medication schedule but I think what you would want to know is out of all the world "religions" , systems to believe in, I choose the one and only that affords me a place in heaven after death based on my personal belief that I can do nothing to earn my way there or make myself good enough to deserve to be there, rather my "religion" ,my system of belief, is based on a personal, one on one realtionship with God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit, the triune Creator of the Universe who indwells me with His goodness and grace so I can live for Him and bring ultimate Glory to Him forever more. Me, a worthless sinner, saved by the matchless grace of an eternal Father who died just so I could live forever. wow! One of the few things I'll climb up on any soap box to tell you about.
Siblings:Oh yeah. 4. One "big" sister, ten years older than I, two brothers, 6 and 8 years older than I, then me, and a "little" sister 3 years younger than I.
Time I wake up: Naturally? around 9:30am but could sleep longer. . .Forced? whenever the little ones come and get me via standing at my side until I open an eye (3 year old) or calling from her crib. . .7-8am?
Unusual Talent: don't feel very talented. or skilled. Forgetfulness I have found can be a blessing though as you can never remember those who have wronged you or what they did wrong anyway for very long at all!
Veggie I refuse to eat: Depends on who's serving it! Brussel sprouts, cooked cabbage are two not so appealing ones.
Worst habit: Taking care of everything/everyone but myself. oh, and Procrastination .
X-Rays: ???can't really remember any except dental and my daughters arm (one week after the fact. .what?? she wasn't complaining until she fell again!) when she reinjured it and then told the ER staff "Mommy pushed me off the swing!" and yes, it was broken in 3 places.
Yummy stuff I cook:again, who's asking? great Amish Oatmeal cake, handed down 3 generations rice pudding, hubby thinks from scratch Apple pie is good, personally, I find the best tasting stuff (and fancy too) comes out of the freezer at Costco!
Zoo animal I like most:Since I am certain it has been 10 years since I was last at a zoo excluding Animal Kingdom in Disney (5+ years ago) you can see I have a deep love for animals. . .coughcough...uh maybe a panda or a giraffee? Natural history museums are nice, all the animals there are nice to pet, no oder and are stuffed so pretty like!

and that would be a peek at me!

love to hear about any of you too!

No comments: