Saturday, July 29, 2006



Okay, so this really is as far as I got! Ta-Da, the front door.

Which we never use. Now, the Shwann Man, my kids friends, my in laws (who are not allowed to see my garage!), and various and assorted other folks do use it from time to time.

The front door was the same green as the shutters and I hate, hate, hated it for the first 3 years we were here. I tend to use "occasions" to pull work from my already over worked hubby and a party with many guest who had never been down to our new place, did the trick this time!

Now I love the paint color but am not happy with the current wreath. I change it often though so for now the purple flowers on the undersized wreath help you find us when you visit. Because there are no house numbers and I finally took the paper with the number on it (in sharpie!) out of the transom window above the door you'll have to look for our mailbox.

Since I'm not sure I'll know how to link this anyway, I'll stop now and go on over toBooMaMas and see what I can do. If it works, I will be thrilled and post more pics within a day or two!

Please come back and visit soon. Just use the garage entry okay?

13 comments:

Alice said...

Well, the front door is a good start. I'm sure the rest of your home is just as nice.

Anonymous said...

We don't have house numbers out where we live either!

VERY nice entry!

Mama Duck said...

Beautiful front door, can't wait to see the rest!

Kelli said...

I was coming to say that I love the wreath! I think it looks really pretty!
Kelli

Michelle said...

I love the stone on your house!

kim said...

Thank You all so much for the comments! I hope you will each visit again.

lil duck duck~ thanks for your comment on my deliriuos state last night. apparently today it has fixed itself?? go figure! I'll be by to visit soon!!

and Kelli~ I really do like my purple wreath, I just think the scale is to small or something? maybe I'm just tired of it, I ususally switch to red, white, blue between memorial day and labor day but alas, it's been a busy year so purple has been with me since the spring. . .

I'll be by soon to visit alice, sheri, and belle-ah soon! Can't wait to see your places!

motherhood calls!

Jenny Quld said...

I love the reath, looking forward to seeing more.

Carol said...

And don't we love cleaning those big windows over our front doors? Mine always seems to have one drip of white bird poop on it. I clean it and a week later, more bird poop. If I leave the bird poop, no more bird poop appears, though. I'm about to just give up on it all together.

Sure hope you can get all the rest of those photos up. If you do, stop by She Lives and let me know - I'd love to have a peek inside!

Trisha said...

Are you just teasing us? Can't wait to see what is inside.

Carole Burant said...

What a beautiful entrance...I love the wreath too and I really don't think it looks too small! I hope you can get more pictures up, I'd love to see the inside:-)

Barb said...

Takes a while to learn the ins and outs of blogger. I love your front door. It's gorgeous. I wouldn't want to have to paint it, but you did a great job. And I like the wreath!

PastormacsAnn said...

Beautiful entryway. Really like the stones. Your wreath is lovely. Our door has nothing on it, except scuff marks on it from everyone kicking it to get it to open.

Thanks for joining the tour!

Brenda said...

Well, I don't know about the interior of your home, but the exterior is lovely. Several people have had trouble getting their pics to upload. It doesn't really matter how it looks, though. What matters is that it's filled with family (I'm guessing yours is brimming, with 6 kids) and with love.
I'll be back! Which way is the garage?