Thursday, July 20, 2006

Meet Zachary


While I'm sure this is my son, the almost 19 year old college sophmore, I'm not sure just how much he favors this one and only somewhat decent picture I have.

I think he is marginally taller than this 6'0" shot.
I think he looks a bit older too after 12 months of living on his own, well, sort of on his own.
And I definitly think there is way more facial hair.


Zach (and don't even think of spelling that with a "k" on the end) (however if you'd like to use the syrillic equivalent as it is written in Russian feel free, Zach himself often does after several trips to that part of the world!) is child #2 in the line up. To hear him and his older brother tell it, these younger siblings just do not know how good they have it!

Zach is our independent thinker. Material things matter little to Zachary. Sometimes appearances matter even less. What matters to our Zach is how real and true and relevant someone/something is. He is passionate about his relationship with God. He has a deep desire to share that Faith with others by showing them his faith lived out in love. He is a peacemaker and prefers sayings such as "Oh, it's okay" "Oh, don't worry about it" and "What really matters about ____?".

Zach carries his independent spirit over to other areas of his life as well. He likes to spend time skateboarding. After graduating "homeschool" (a topic I will rarely discuss or bring up) he chose a less than main line college because he was certain it was were he would be best equipped to do whatever his future held.

There are so many funny stories from his youth but suffice it to say , he is no longer a youth in many ways.

Tonight I spent a couple of Hours trying to load a new label program onto our newer computer so I could attach a new mailing list (couple hundred names, and contact info's) to an e-mail for Zach so he would have it in time to turn in for an assignment due Friday. How many people do you think I would do that for?? Probably not even myself to often!

Love You Zach! Can't wait to see all God will do in and through you in the next few years.

No comments: