Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Random thoughts on a random day.

Laundry is almost caught up! What a thing to be joyful about!
I did not leave the house for any reason today, that sure does make a difference but I have to say, I'm itching to get out of here come tomorrow morning.

I pulled weeds tonight. I do not like this chore. It was very muggy and warm outside as well. I do not like this weather.
I also cleaned out my car today. I do not like a messy car so this is a good thing. It was very hot when I did this.

My 13 year old washed my car for me tonight. He did so to earn a few dollars. He had never done so before (car washing I mean) . It showed. He was later given a few pointers by me and re-did some of the "bad spots". Now my car looks pretty good. And the 13 year old has learned a new skill and has $5 in his pocket.

I organized my stroller collection today. I love strollers . I currently have 6, no 7. One is my snap and go and it is already tagged for resale but it will be missed . It is a very light stroller. I recently sold my Graco duo glide. I only ever used it in Disney and at the mall a very few times. It is a very heavy stroller. I am having a hard time deciding if I should return my new Joovey (sit and stand) or try out the new Fisher Price sit and stand or just give up on the one stroller for two kids idea altogether. I would go for lightweight umbrella type strollers for both if only I could be assured my hubby and two older children would not run off and leave me with two hands, two little ones, and two strollers as well to manage. This has happened often on family trips. Little ones can't do something older ones want to do so Dad takes them and leaves me with the enterage. . . what to do. But, my stroller collection is nice and neat and lined up against the garage wall now and I do feel better knowing I still have options. . .hehehe. Yes, I am a stroller addict.

I have spent hours of late on the Internet planning our next "trip". Trip is a very broad sort of word don't you think? Not vacation, not road trip, not traveling, not sightseeing, not visiting, just trip. And what a trip it seems to be turning out
to be. With more than 3000 plus miles to cover and gas at $3 a gallon and climbing...it's not something I take lightly, this planning I mean. Since most of the joy for me will be in finding the best things to see and do, the best bargains, and the most luxurios accomadations I can reasonably afford there is much to do.

Last year we actually flew to Florida because ticket prices and gas prices were nearly equivalent (with 6 of us) even when we figured in the rental car. This year, no matter how I try to book us, flying is out. So is Florida BTW since we have to be in Minnesota for a graduation. So a road trip is in. We've done many road trips over the years and the older boys enjoyed them. The middle two and our little two are pretty good travelers as well... I think. It's just a long way out there on limited time and money so . . .this is huge. The planning I mean.

Lots to do and complete in the next several weeks.

So, staying home today was a good thing I think. Altho, my list for tomorrow is huge.

Determined to get to bed at a nearly reasonable time tonight.

Oh and one more random fact. My daughter in law passed her nursing boards today with flying colors! woo-hoo. Now the job is totally secure and she's officially an RN!

No comments: